- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver a range of complex or high profile projects, as allocated, which may include, but is not limited to e.g. broadband / Enterprise Zone delivery / flood resilience / fuel poverty / housing / skills capital and innovation / smartcard technology / transport infrastructure as appropriate.
- Manage the development of business cases, ensuring the scope will deliver the capability to enable the benefits of the project to be realised, identifying tasks, undertaking specific technical works and managing works within agreed tolerances.
- Understand customer needs to manage the development of business case appraisals and submission to the Programme Appraisal Team (PAT), working with the Portfolio Management Office (PMO).
- Allocating resources in conjunction with the SRO / Head of Service and Team leads as appropriate.
- Translating customer needs (Internal depts, Public, Politicians, Delivery Partners etc.) into work packages for allocation to the project team in line with the appropriate project management techniques, documenting quality expectations and acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that WYCA’s project management procedures are followed in accordance with the WYCA Assurance Framework and that reports are planned and prepared for the relevant governance and committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the procurement, appointment and management of technical and commercial consultants, suppliers and contractors, the provision of technical input and support to projects as required.
- Preparation of briefs, reports, press releases and communications.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, representing WYCA and Delivery Partners, attending and chairing meetings and site visits, including undertaking public consultation on projects as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with agreed plans, following the principles of ‘Management by Exception’, by creating and implementing strategies to manage time, cost, quality, risk, communication, health & safety, issues and change management, authorising work packages and using the relevant WYCA Assurance processes.