Above Ground Asset Planner
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £25,000 to £32,000 per annum
ABOVE GROUND ASSET PLANNER – PERM – £25,000 – £32,000 – KENT
Overview of the role: To scope and define above ground asset capital projects and programs across Water treatment, reservoir, borehole and booster sites. To review risk and priorities with responsibility for delivering current and long term business outputs. To decide how and where money is spent on our above ground assets, ensuring these assets can then be used to produce wholesome water for our customers now and in the future
The Above Ground asset team covers a diverse range of areas including capital maintenance of our water treatment works, storage reservoirs and booster sites, Fixed Electrical Wire Testing, Flood Protection, Lightening Protection, Water Resource Management Plan and Growth Schemes, Regulatory compliance schemes, raw water deterioration and Water Quality driven schemes, borehole maintenance, site security, capital Health and Safety programme, Statutory Reservoir programme and the Reservoir inspection programme.
Expected requirements: A technically qualified professional is an essential, with a good understanding of asset management and/or several years’ experience of water treatment.
Full driving license, with the willingness to travel across the South East area, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and Surrey.
Good communication skills
The post holder is required to be self-motivated, committed and organised with excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
A strong team player with the ability to work unsupervised and to produce quality outputs to key dates.
- To contribute to the long term above ground asset management plan
- To prioritise business investment requirements with due consideration of cost, time and quality
- To develop and implement planned and reactive optimisation to maximise efficiencies whilst delivering key investment outputs
- To work closely with Operations and other functional areas in defining asset maintenance scheduling to optimise plant and maximise operational efficiency
- To liaise regularly with cross business functions to ensure outputs are fit for purpose and that the above ground asset plan reflects business need
- To sponsor projects in conjunction with the wider business and ensure that the deliverables are robust, fit for purpose and meet operational need
- To produce project briefs, signed off by the business for delivery, where appropriate, to Engineering for procurement and deliver of the capital works.
- To liaise with other external bodies to ensure that SEW is at the forefront of new technology
- To deliver the short term and long term asset management plan which will deliver Ofwat, EA, DWI and Defra outputs whilst focusing on operational efficiency
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.