Animal Control Officer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £12 to £13 per annum
A client of mine in Hounslow is looking to recruit an Animal Control Officer to work for them on a 3-month initial contract. The position as an Animal Control Officer will consist of investigating and resolving reports of pest activity by providing pest control advice, treatments or enforcement activities as appropriate. To pick up and care for stray dogs, and to investigate and resolve complaints of animal nuisance, out of control animals, or breaches of local regulations or orders by using enforcement powers where appropriate. To advise and enforce animal welfare codes as appropriate and to carry out inspections of premises that may be subject to animal establishment licensing.
To be considered, you must have the following:
Animal Warden Lead: A broad knowledge of dog control, responsible pet ownership, and animal licensing (e.g. pet shops), legislation governing animal control and the enforcement and promotion of these requirements. The ability to handle dogs of all sizes and temperaments safely and effectively,
Pest Control Officer Lead: A broad knowledge of the biology, identification, and habits of common public hygiene pest species, and a broad knowledge of, and an ability to deliver public hygiene pest control services in accordance with, current regulatory requirements and in an effective, efficient, and safe manner.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences. To present factual information in Court based upon the skill to observe record, analyse and repeat information accurately.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload ensuring those deadlines are met.
- Ability to investigate and resolve allegations of nuisance through to a satisfactory conclusion. This will include; good interpersonal skills, an eye for and attention to detail, confidentiality, persistence, and sensitivity.
- Ability and commitment to working as part of a team as well as the ability to work unsupervised both inside and outside of the office.
- Ability to record data accurately either manually or using electronic means and write clear concise reports and make recommendations.
- Ability to receive, receipt, and account for all cash, cheques, or other payments for any service provided.
- Ability to work with ladders and to work outdoors during inclement weather.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392 314698 for more information
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.