Asset Building Surveyor
- Merseyside, United Kingdom
- £18 to £19 per hour
A client of mine in Wirral is looking to recruit an Asset Building Surveyor on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as an Asset Building Surveyor will be responsible for a sector of the client’s building programme requiring considerable initiative, experience and project management ability. Responsible for specification, quality assurance, programme delivery, audit and procurement matters.
- Responsible for undertaking investigations, inspections and surveys of properties and preparation of detailed condition surveys of individual buildings.
- Responsible for programme delivery and the administration of contracts to their completion.
- Responsible for following procurement processes that meet the Contract Procedure rules.
- Responsible for providing advice to schools and building managers in respect of building maintenance and building projects, with particular attention to responsibilities of schools under their delegated funding requirements.
- Work with school heads and governing bodies in relation to specific school building projects and general building maintenance issues.
- Work with client departments at senior management level in relation to the preparation of briefs for building projects.
- Ensure that they are up to date with regards to relevant legislation regulations and guidance and these are interpreted and applied to Policy and Procedures.
- Issue of instructions to consultants, contractors and technical staff, co-ordination of associated professional disciplines.
- Ensure that staff and key stakeholders are briefed appropriately in relation to client wide communications and matters relevant to the service area.
- Liaise with Planning (Development Management) and Building Control in regards to legislation, regulations and sign-off
- Liaise with the energy team regarding boiler conditions and assist with the prioritisation of the boiler renewal programme.
- Ensure accurate financial records are maintained
- Responsible for all payments in connection with building works for the Capital Programme.
- Carry out large projects from inception of the client brief, through all the stages of the design process and construction, in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Manage own workload including project management, to use discretion and only escalate complex issues.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- HNC/HND Building Surveying or equivalent.
- Considerable initiative, experience and design and management ability.
- Extensive knowledge of planning and building regulations.
- Experience of working with, and the management of, contractors on site.
- Knowledge of working with framework arrangements in relation to construction.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance
- Experience in construction design specifically in the public sector e.g. schools, leisure centres and listed buildings such as town halls etc
- Experience of maintaining databases and other information management systems.
- Required to work in more than one location.
- Must hold a full driving licence.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.