Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £34,000 to £37,000 per annum
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£34,000 – £37,000
25 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Surfacing / 278 / Public Realm / Civil Engineering
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to provide advice and report on and control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts. The role includes offering support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor to allow projects to be safely delivered on time and to budget.
You will be expected to:
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and assist in the preparation of interim Applications for Payment and Final Accounts.
- Produce and maintain commercial trackers and change registers to assist the Senior Surveyor
- Undertake take offs from drawings and production of bill of quantity/activity schedule from drawings and specification
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal expenditure and client purposes.
- Monitor and control income and on contracts e.g., interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g., engineers, clients etc.
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Surveying Director e.g., cost and value comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client engineers and subcontractors as required.
- Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources.
- Provide support for the Senior Quantity Surveyor in terms of data input etc.
- Give feedback to Estimators and Project Manager with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
- Ensure that work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Work within health and safety at work act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
- Perform any reasonable management instruction within time frame requested.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 16:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for this Assistant Quantity Surveyor role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be working toward or keen to work toward BSc in Quantity Surveying or commercial management
- BTEC in Civil Engineering or similar
- CSCS Card
- Full UK driving licence
- Minimum 2 years Construction/Civil Engineering work experience
- IT Skills: MS Office, including Word and Excel. MS SharePoint
- Experience in managing subcontract payment process
- Dealing with subcontractors
- Knowledge of building and construction process
- Managing Multiple Workstreams
- Pragmatic approach
- Analytical thinking skills
- Data Extraction and Reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional time management – Ability to plan and organise own workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Must be pro-active and able to multi-task within a busy working environment
- Good commercial awareness
- Exceptional relationship building skills and able to maintain good working relations with key departments and managers to ensure communication is well delivered throughout.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.