Stride resourcing are working with a national house builder who are looking to recruit an Assistant Site Manager to join their team on a large development in London.
- Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all site personnel (including subcontractors) comply with Health & Safety site rules
- In Senior Site Manager/Site Manager’s absence – induct new starters on site; ensuring they hold the relevant CSCS Card and that they have a full understanding of the company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and Site Rules and of their employer’s Method Statements
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site. If accidents happen, ensure that First Aid is administered (where appropriate), reported to the Construction Director and recorded on SHEQ systems.
- Strive to achieve construction excellence and recognition within internal awards (Centre of Excellence) and external awards (N.H.B.C. “Pride in the Job”).
- Carry out routine inspections (minimum twice per day per plot) to ensure that instructions are carried out, the specification and site presentation requirements are complied with, and the required quality standards are met
- Liaise with NHBC and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections; escort inspectors on site and act upon their findings in the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Managers absence.
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction (including Stage 4, Pre-Plaster, Pre-Paint and Pre-CML; to identify/rectify any defects and educate operatives/sub contractors to eradicate recurrent problems.
- Liaise with Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager to complete any items raised on 21 day visits by Home Sales Executives
- Cost Control
- Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
- Advise the Project Manager/Senior Site Manager/Site Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
- Monitor the performance of Suppliers and Sub contractors in line with the cost reports from Commercial Director
- Complete the daily Diary and also the following weekly reports in Site Managers absence:
- Plant Return Sheet
- Material Received Sheet
- Hourly Paid Time Sheet
- Report Sheet
- Production Repor
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.