Assistant Traffic Manager – London – Up to £45.7K
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £36,550 to £45,700 per annum
Assistant Traffic Manager – London – Up to £45.7k
We are currently seeking an experienced Traffic Management professional to join our client working on one of the UK’s most iconic Infrastructure projects this century. As part of our Client’s PM team you will work closely with the Traffic Manager to help co-ordinate and manage the relationship between all stakeholders on this challenging High Speed Rail project.
Based in our Client’s London office you be a key part of the team responsible for all Traffic Management aspects on this new build High Speed Railway project. Here you will supporting the Traffic Manager, liaising and co-ordinating the HS2’s contractors and the local highways authorities on traffic and transport matters and insuring all contractors provide appropriate documentation, plans, drawings and implementation in accordance with existing legislation and the HS2 Act.
You will be embedded within the Integrated Project Teams (IPT)s, in line with the HS2 client model, and will be tasked to lead and manage performance of the directorate and the supply chain to deliver the integrated design, engineering, planning and delivery for Construction.
You will be supporting the Traffic Manager to co-ordinate between the delivery contractors, their respective consultants, the local authorities, utilities companies and community engagement teams, ensuring smooth progress during the delivery stages. At the same time you will help ensure our client meets their requirements in accordance with the obligations set out in the Development Agreement and any associated Undertakings and Assurances.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Prior knowledge of working in a Traffic Management role, including reviewing, submitting and monitoring applications for highways consent and utilising Street Manager, EToN, or other relevant software on a daily basis.
- Able to use Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) effectively, combined with the ability to quickly and effectively report on qualitative and quantitative data to the management team.
- Able to work methodically, follow processes and ensure the detailed records of programmes and contents are maintained
- Awareness of Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual standards to assist the Traffic Manager in the assurance of the contractor’s temporary traffic management designer and installers/maintainers.
- Knowledge of the function and capability of traffic modelling tools
- Experience of general traffic management (particular safety schemes), temporary traffic management standards (Chapter 8) and the delivery of temporary works at traffic signals.
- Experience of compiling reports, presentations and data models relating to traffic management.
- Be prepared to attend site to ensure the project is proceeding in a safe manner, causing as least dsruption as possible and all parties are performing as expected.
- Educated to degree level in transport, traffic or highway engineering or a similar numerate discipline, or equivalent training and experience.
Due to the nature and importance of this ground breaking project you will be the main point of contact between the Traffic Manager and Project team, main contractors and Local Authority. You will be a