Building Control Surveyor
- West Sussex, United Kingdom
- £17 to £19 per hour
Building Control surveyor
- To provide the administration, technical interpretation and enforcement of the Building
- To ensure that all work meets the required statutory regulations and legislation, performance targets and follows the department’s Quality Management System within an Area Team
- To ensure all Building Control applications are complete and that all appropriate additional documentation is included.
- To assess plans and applications for compliance with Building Regulations and other allied legislation. Apply processes in accordance with the department’s Quality Management System and ensure appropriate decisions are issued on applications.
- Undertake risk assessments on structural calculations to determine acceptability or whether enhanced checks are required.
- To undertake site inspections and apply judgement and knowledge to assess compliance of works, negotiate solutions and influence outcomes, or instigate enforcement actions, as appropriate.
- Update and maintain computerised inspection records, access data using mobile devices and review electronic documentation.
- To provide advice and assistance to members of the public and other in-house departments on professional Building Control matters.
- To respond to and deal with minor dangerous structures and liaise with emergency services and other external bodies to apply appropriate solutions.
- Participate in consultations with statutory bodies and negotiate solutions in applying technical standards.
- Ensure actions are taken in connection with other internal departments in regard to Radon Monitoring, Sewer checks and consultations.
- To follow the guidelines and principles of the Sustainability Programme, Health and Safety documentation, Policies and Codes of Practice.
- To carry out such other duties that may reasonably be required.
- RICS or CABE membership
- Building Control Surveying experience
- Driving licence and own vehicle
- Home and office working
- Plan checking, site visits, fit to climb ladders & able to use IT.
For more information, please contact James West on 02392 314 671, or email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.