- Darlington, United Kingdom
- £20 to £22 per hour
A client of mine in Darlington is looking to recruit a Building Surveyor on an initial 3-Month contract. The position as a Building Surveyor will provide a comprehensive surveying, specification and estimating function within Building Services and housing. You will also procure and manage contracts.
- Perform the following functions with regard to quantity surveying matters: preparation of bills quantities, design specifications, valuations on contracts and measurement of works on site. In addition, preparation of claims contracts, schedules of rates, small estimates etc. for various clients.
- Be required to process documentation/information to aid various sections to perform their works efficiently within QA procedures, cost/value reconciliations of contracts and small works etc. to aid financial controller in production of accounts.
- Carry out sub-contractor evaluations Lead on the procurement of contracts for projects with the support of the Procurement Team and Surveying Team Leader. This will include the preparation of tender documents, the identification of the most suitable tendering process and the evaluation of tender submissions in accordance with the client’s policies and procedures, and in line with good practice. post contract, originating sub-contract enquiries, raising of orders and controlling sub-contract accounts.
- Negotiation, preparation and agreement of final accounts for and with various clients and record spend against programme performances.
- Manage the day to day relationship with contractors for your projects/contracts, including regular contract meetings, pre-start meetings, on-site inspections, post inspections, maintaining records against which payment can be made, ensuring all relevant information is collected for Safeguarding requirements, preparation of the Health and Safety file and the team’s asset management database.
- Provide technical advice to other Housing and Building Services staff where required.
- Estimating – preparation of tenders, negotiations of contract sums and general estimating in the following areas:-
- New build contracts including new housing
- Maintenance works within the scope of the Building Maintenance Term Contract
- Re-chargeable works
- Small works as required by other departments
- Partnering contracts
- Lead on the procurement of contracts
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- HNC in Building Studies or equivalent
- A sound knowledge of construction and Building Surveying techniques and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction industry (construction/maintenance environment).
- Broad knowledge of housing repair and maintenance, including all relevant new builds.
- Managing budgets and sound knowledge of contract documentation and preparation.
- Experience in project management from inception to final account.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of procurement, contracting, and monitoring.
- Understanding of computer systems and competency in Office Applications e.g. Word/Excel/Access.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, together with the ability to use appropriate styles and arguments to influence and negotiate satisfactory outcomes.
- Ability to deal confidently with members of the public, colleagues, Members and external organisations.
- Access to reliable transport to carry out the travel requirements of the post.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.