Civil Project Engineer
- City of Bristol, United Kingdom
- £37,000 to £42,000 per annum
CIVIL PROJECT ENGINEER – BRISTOL – PERM £37,000/£42,000
What will you be doing?
Variety certainly won’t be an issue in this role and as such would suit someone who is Chartered or on the path to being so.
You will design, draw, and supervise the construction and implementation of civil engineering projects. You will have involvement in the procurement process by preparing tender documentation. You will own the testing phase, but crucially the completion of the project and handing back to the business with all contract completion certificates and operating manuals in place.
In addition, you will manage consultants and contractors (even selecting them on occasion) and review any claims or variations and resolve queries. Budgetary control will be important, ensuring control of project costs and reviewing RAMS.
Throw in post construction reviews that need to take place and you’ll be kept busy!
What we are looking for …
We need someone who wants and thrives on variety. There will be multiple things going on at once, so someone who can juggle priorities whilst meeting deadlines and managing internal and external stakeholders all at the same time is a must!
In addition, we are looking for the following:
- A construction or engineering related degree with relevant design content and Chartered status or working towards Chartered Status.
- Someone who has worked in a design office, ideally within the Water / Utilities industry (or an industry with similar civil engineering structures)
- A strong user of design and document management software including AutoCAD, structural analysis and design calculation packages.
- A proven track record in the implementation construction projects from inception to completion with a clear and demonstrable understanding of CDM Regulations and other construction safety legislation, contractual arrangements, commercial awareness and the management of risk
Importantly, you will need to demonstrate our core values: TRUST, SUPPORT, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, PROFESSIONALISM, PRIDE and AMBITION.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a truly supportive environment with plentiful opportunities for personal development, the Civil Project Engineer role offers:
- Bonus of up to 10% (based on personal and company performance)
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (we also offer a buy / sell facility)
- Entry into the company pension scheme
- Employee benefits
If you’d like to apply for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.