Climate Change Officer
- Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- £18 to £19 per hour
A client of mine in Cambridge is looking to recruit a Climate Change Officer on a 4-month initial contract. The position as a Climate Change Officer will be the corporate lead for the Carbon Management Plan, which aims to reduce carbon footprint, including developing, monitoring and strategic coordination of the Plan. You will lead the development of the Climate Change Strategy, and contribute to the delivery of the Strategy by monitoring developments in national policy, external funding, academic research, and good practice on climate change issues, and working with managers to identify and deliver corporate or partnership projects to address these opportunities.
What you will do:
- Lead the development, monitoring and strategic coordination of the implementation of the corporate Carbon Management Plan, ensuring that energy reduction and carbon management projects are successfully delivered across all buildings and services.
- To work closely with Universities and research bodies to capitalise on their expertise
- Maintain knowledge of external funding sources and resources available for climate change activities, and work with senior managers to develop projects and funding proposals
- Lead or support corporate initiatives and project teams set up to address climate change and environmental sustainability issues
- Monitor and report on the Council’s progress in reducing its carbon footprint, including analysing and interpreting trends in energy and fuel consumption data, applying emissions conversion factors, and producing the annual Greenhouse Gas report for the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Experience of leading corporate environmental sustainability, climate change or energy management projects and programmes
- Experience of producing complex technical reports, briefings and business cases
- Evidence of successfully developing and maintaining effective working relationships internally and with external organisations
- In depth knowledge and understanding of environmental sustainability issues, especially climate change and how this can be tackled
- Understanding of the wide range of technologies, approaches and initiatives that can be used to address climate change
- Education to degree level or non-graduate with extensive relevant experience
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.