- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £56,000 per annum
We are recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager in the midlands area. You will be working directly on the HS2 project for one of the world’s leading commercial consultants. The role would require previous experience within the Rail & Infrastructure sector. You will need a proven track record of experience and delivery in a similar role with a recognised main contractor. You must have experience on large build projects, ideally with a major national contractor. Reporting to the commercial lead, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the project. This is a senior management role which would suit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager seeking the next challenge in their career on Europe’s largest infrastructure project!
As Commercial Manager you will be responsible for financial management of projects, recognizing business opportunities, arranging bids to win new business, as well as negotiating and agreeing contracts.
You will report directly to a commercial lead and will carry out and support the following duties:
– Cost Management
– Contract/Commercial Management
– Comply with Quality Management Systems, processes and procedures
– Preparation of monthly reports
– Contract Change Control
– Attending and leading Commercial/Contract meetings
– Complete savings report for internal records
– Prepare, validate and agreement of interim and final accounts
– Risk Management
– Broad technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management.
– Ability to work in a client facing role and develop client relationships within the industry.
– Good communication skills, energy, drive and ambition
– The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
– Good financial and numeracy management skills
– Good organisational skills
– Methodical way of thinking
– Ability to work in both company and client offices. You may also be required to work on site.
– Good understanding of collaboration and associated behaviours
– Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Good negotiating skills
– Knowledge of standard forms contracts (particularly NEC3)
– Ability to work within a team
– Good communication skills
– Computer literate
– Degree in a RICS accredited Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying course or equivalent and ideally be MRICS qualified or working towards Chartership.
Salary and Benefits will be dependent on experience – Please apply to find out more!
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.