Commercial Services Officer
- Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
- £90 per annum
Commercial Services Officer
A client of mine in Barry, Wales is looking for a Commercial Services Officer to join their team for a period of 9 months to oversee a potential 300 inspections, the rate attached to the order is per inspection so for each completed inspection the successful candidate will receive £90 and £35 for a revisit.
One of the questions for each candidate is how many inspections they would like to oversee, this position is ongoing whilst the inspections are completed so the duration is based on how long it takes to complete the inspections.
* To manage projects and a programme of inspections and interventions at retail premises. This to include work allocation and supervision to ensure the attainment of performance indicators / standards
* To carry out inspections to businesses, particularly in the higher risk categories, including new businesses, taking all necessary enforcement action including revisits, improvement notices, remedial action notices, seizure and closures; and other educative initiatives
* To undertake any formal interventions as identified by the Commercial Services Technical Officers during their inspections
* To implement and maintain the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme
* To prioritise and investigate and prepare reports on complaints and initiate appropriate action, including the service of statutory notices under appropriate legislation, and prepare evidence and other material for the instigation of legal proceedings and to give evidence in court, public inquiries, tribunals.
* To carry out sampling and monitoring in accordance with proactive and reactive requirements and to conduct surveys and inspections of residential and/or commercial premises, prepare reports and take action to remedy breaches of legislation.
* To investigate complex breaches of legislation.
* To support permission, licensing and registration schemes through inspection
* To investigate as required reportable accidents and dangerous occurrences, and take appropriate enforcement action;
* To prepare evidence and other material for the instigation of legal proceedings and to give evidence in court, public inquiries and tribunals, as appropriate.
* To provide specialist, professional advice and assistance to the public, other departments, professions and traders.
* To provide specialist assured advice to those businesses having a Primary Authority relationship with the Shared Regulatory Service; such advice to be given as and when required and in conjunction with the Commercial Services Officer (Primary Authority)
* To maintain an awareness of all applicable legislation, taking a lead in the professional development of colleagues in Food and Port Health.
* To identify breaches of Trading Standards legislation in low risk premises and to take action where appropriate.
BSc / MSc / Diploma in Environmental Health
Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board Work
Recent experience of food enforcement
Please note this position call inside IR35
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392314795
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.