Compliance & Reactive Works Surveyor
- Devon, United Kingdom
- £26,000 to £32,000 per annum
A client of mine in Honiton is looking to recruit a Compliance & Reactive Works Surveyor on a permanent basis. The position as a Compliance & Reactive Works Surveyor will be to be responsible for delivery of the reactive maintenance to non-housing properties through a small Team of in-house maintenance Technicians and external contractors, along with responsibility for arranging, overseeing and recording of landlord health & safety compliance.
- Arranging, overseeing and recording of landlord health & safety compliance across the non-housing portfolio.
- Coordinate and manage reporting around landlord health & safety compliance.
- Dealing with reactive maintenance works to the non-housing portfolio through a small Team of Maintenance Technicians and external contractors, working closely with the Area Building Surveyors who have responsibility for properties within geographical areas.
- Coordinate and lead the reactive maintenance emergency response arrangements including out-of-hours rotas.
- Provide effective leadership and strong performance management of the Maintenance Technician Officers. Be accountable for staff related matters within the team of Maintenance Technicians by ensuring that Human Resource policies are implemented appropriately including performance management, learning and development, absence, discipline and grievance issues.
- Ensure that work is programmed to meet targets and requirements as necessary, effectively, efficiently and within budget.
- Ensure Maintenance Technicians are adequately supported through the instructions they receive, ordering of supplies and equipment, the payment of invoices and closure of work requests. Where external contractors are used, ensure prompt payment of their invoices.
- Assistance with general property management duties including assisting in the day to day management of the non- housing buildings
- Contribute to reports for members, Strategic Management Team and partner working groups considering issues relating to the Property & FM Team functions.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- HNC or equivalent in a building related subject.
- A knowledge of building construction and contract management.
- A good level of understanding around plant and equipment at Leisure Centres and other corporate type buildings.
- A good working knowledge of health & safety, gas safety, fire safety, asbestos regulations and general landlord health & safety compliance.
- Able to manage contracts and contractors.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of experience in the areas of both reactive maintenance and landlord health & safety compliance
- An understanding of the general principles of property management.
- Full UK Driving Licence with own vehicle
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.