- Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Surfacing / Highways
Tier 1 National Contractor
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible For: Supervisors / General Foreman
To plan, control, manage and co-ordinate all operational activities in line with company policy, processes and procedures to satisfy the needs of all clients and stakeholders, in line with budgets outlined in the Divisional Business Plan.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To work safely and promote a safe environment for all operations, including monthly safety audits.
- To work with the Operations Manager to deliver contract performance in line with agreed budgets.
- To ensure effective programming & planning is carried out at all levels to ensure service delivery to clients.
- To maximise outputs, reduce waste by ensuring efficient use of resources, i.e. people, plant, materials, SCP.
- To ensure strong relationships are maintained with client base & key stakeholders.
- To ensure financial governance and timely reporting, to assist in accurate month end reporting for P&L.
- To manage the operational teams in line with TWWW, ref. company processes and procedures.
- To ensure accurate reporting of all HS&E, IMS, KPIs, is carried out and submitted on time.
- To work closely with the commercial team to ensure contract governance is fully adhered to at all times.
- To ensure all reported incidents are fully investigated and closed out within the required timescales.
- To ensure all work is to the highest quality standards maintaining “Right 1st Time” Formula Road approach.
- To undertake regular client reviews to monitor client satisfaction and progress any areas for improvement.
- To fully support both internal, external audit programme, i.e. EFQM, JLUK, CSCS, BSi.
- To ensure HR processes, i.e. disciplinary, grievance investigations, are carried out in a timely manner.
- To carry out staff appraisals to ensure personal development plans are in place and monitored.
- To attend management team meetings as required by the Operations Manager.
- To actively embrace digital technology to improve TWWW, communication and reporting.
- To actively foster a positive staff morale.
- To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management.
Measures of Success:
- Safety performance measures in line with HSE Strategy Objectives and statutory reporting requirements.
- Financial performance of each contract in line with budgeted REC, DSO and WIP targets.
- Effective use of “The Way We Work” (TWWW) to promote consistency and high standards across the business and to capture and promote improvements, sharing best practice at all times.
- People measures (e.g. staff turnover, sickness & absence, appraisals, training plans) in line with targets.
- Feedback from progress meetings with Line Manager and from other colleagues.
- Client Feedback Surveys, client satisfaction KPIs, ensuring any requirements are dealt with promptly.
- Complaints and insurance claims are properly investigated and closed out in a timely manner.
- Reduction in waste, C02 emissions and reported efficiency savings.
- Reduced remedials by following a “Right 1st Time” approach.
- Hands on and active support for Operations Manager & colleagues.
- Professional and tidy appearance.
- Professional, courteous manner when responding to clients, colleagues and stakeholders
- Consistently working at a level consistent with, or higher than, agreed divisional service levels.
- All HSE incident reports to submitted within 24hrs, to allow timely investigation and close-out.
- Taking an active involvement in wider industry, i.e. membership of IAT, CIHT.
- A personal approach and style of management that ensures they are a role model for others in the team.
- Working to continually improve their business.
- At all times to adhere to company procedures with regard to Health & Safety and where applicable to ensure all team members do like wise.
- At all times to behave in a way that supports the company’s stated Vision and Values and where applicable to ensure all team members do like wise.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.