Electrical Project Engineer
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £380 to £400 per day
A client of mine who works on behalf of the British Government is looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient Electrical Project Engineer to work within Engineering & Operations (E&O) to deliver electrical and security projects under tight timescales. This is initially a 1 year contract with the possibility to extend.
The individual will be responsible for delivering electrical & mechanical designs, planning and delivery of customer projects, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget and to the agreed scope and quality standards across the organisations wide range of electrical and security services. The engineer may also be required to assist with the production of bids for new work opportunities.
Based in London or Milton Keynes, with regular overseas travel, the Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for leading on the design and management of a range of projects (typically up to £1M value). They may also be required to lead a multi-disciplinary team (in-house and external consultants) from inception through design, tendering, on-site supervision and completion. The job holder will engage customers, stakeholders and end-users at each stage of the process, ensuring that delivery of the end-product meets the brief.
Understanding, capturing and defining the client’s requirements and objectives is an important skill for this role. Good awareness of budget and resource management is essential in the job as is a willingness to travel overseas, sometimes at short notice.
The job holder may also be required to act as Project Manager on individual projects with overall responsibility for design and supervision. Experience of contract administration would be of benefit.
Close liaison with our in-house Technical Works Officer’s, Architects, Surveyors & Structural Engineers is necessary to ensure that all aspects of construction and property maintenance are co-ordinated. Engagement with, and management of, overseas-based construction consultants and Clerks of Works is also an essential part of this role.
Skills and Experience Required
* Electrical Engineering qualification
* Membership of professional Engineering body i.e. IET, CIBSE
* Level 5 qualification in electrical discipline;
* Experience designing building services, Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing; leading design and construction teams;
* Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation as applied in M & E context;
* Financial management skills;
* Design software experience e.g. AutoCAD, CYMap, Amtech/Nappit;
* Microsoft suite: Word, Excel and Project
* Registered Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (IEng or CEng)
* Appreciation of Embassy & Residence security and fit-out requirements;
* Experience of working overseas;
* Contract administration
Candidates who apply for this role must be British nationals, to confirm:
* They are a British citizen or hold dual nationality, and
* They have been a resident in the UK for at least two of the last 5 years.
Due to the nature of this work Government security clearance if not already held will need to be obtained. The minimum clearance required for this role is SC.
Although advantageous it is not a requirement that an individual already holds security clearance.
Candidates who do not currently hold clearance must be able to obtain the appropriate level of clearance for the role specified. Short-listed candidates will be submitted for vetting procedures before being formally offered the position. This process can take 6-8 weeks.
To apply for this position please email undated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.