Electrical Project Engineer
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
A client of mine in Hampshire is looking to recruit an Electrical Project Engineer on an initial 3-Month fixed term contract. The position as an Electrical Project Engineer will be working at client sites near Fareham to manage delivery, stakeholders, issues, and risks in delivering specified UPS replacement projects.
- Act as the prime Problem Resolver relating to any issues arising during the project, proposing solutions for agreement by Stakeholders, taking proactive measures to avoid project delay and additional costs wherever possible.
- Review and Comment upon the Design Drawings and Specifications prepared by the Supplier, providing assurance to the client that the designs prepared are compliant to contractual requirements documentation.
- Manage, review and closure of technical comments associated with the Supplier design and implementation/commissioning documentation.
- Attend site and office based technical and progress meetings as requested in relation to the Project Engineer support role.
- Engage unit stakeholders and Principal Contractor in the development and agreement of a transition programme and manage its activities to the agreed timescales.
- Assess the Supplier design and implementation strategy for the replacement UPS, UPS Batteries and Battery Monitoring Systems by combination of site survey and review of plant record drawings and new system proposals. Present findings to the client and Supplier prior to implementation of associated works.
- Be party to and assist the Project Safety Assurance Consultant and Safety Assurance Teams with risk mitigation activities required to demonstrate compliance with the unit safety cases that support client systems and operations.
- Undertake investigations into any information or knowledge gaps related to existing system and its interface with others which are required to be resolved to allow the project to progress forward.
- Maintain as necessary a record of events throughout the course of the implementation phase, noting significant issues and significant events.
- Witnessing of testing shall include FATS, SATS, Transition and Integration Testing.
- Raise formal snags where witnessed inspection and / or tests do not meet the requirements of the ‘For Construction’ Specifications and Drawings.
- Prepare, update, and maintain a site Snag List.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Degree / HNC level qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in the design and development of Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) in a critical facilities environment
- Experience of managing subcontractors/suppliers, and demonstrable commercial awareness.
- SC Security Clearance required (preferable)
- A current driving licence
- Occasional out of hours working required in line with project requirements
- Occasional travel to potential suppliers for procurement processes and testing
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.