Energy and Sustainability Manager
- Reading, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
A client of mine in based across the UK is looking to recruit an Energy and Sustainability Manager in either the London, Berkshire or Warwickshire areas on a permanent basis.
My client is a leader in the wireless telecommunications infrastructure industry with multiple offices across Europe. They are at the heart of the country’s 5G rollout as the demand for ultra-fast connection accelerates.
The position as an Energy and Sustainability Manager will be accountable for energy cost and recovery control (Circa £10M per annum) in addition to forecasting and budgeting for volume / cost of energy needed and all UK compliance and governance requirements. You will lead the activities which ensure the site assets and processes always deliver excellent customer. You will also develop new ways of working, using new tools and technology to support new products and increasing volumes of customer points of presence.
- Responsible for executing group policy on energy billing and recovery and represent the UK in the Global Energy Control group.
- You will also be the main UK point of contact in relation to consolidating and co-ordinating carbon reporting and emission reduction / sustainability programmes.
- Management of significant change projects, acting as the Transition Officer responsible for transition to the Global Energy Control model and overseeing the delivery of capital improvement programmes.
- Managing a variety of supplier contracts, including contract and demand management; managing internal approvals and validations in forecasting & budgeting activities
- Optimising regulated items within energy cost
- Managing internal and external reporting, including KPIs
- Customer cost v recovery and risk mitigation planning and; driving continuous improvement activity to optimise operation including energy efficiency and technology
- Inspire team members and key suppliers be able to manage operations at scale: customer focus, ability to inspire and creativity will also be key attributes
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- 10 years’ experience in the energy sector preferably with a multi-site, multi-customer organisation
- Energy trading basics
- UK energy regulation, carbon and sustainability reporting
- Financial control and budgeting
- Managing teams and multiple external suppliers
- Working in an international cross-cultural environment
- Managing change, enabling and embracing growth
- Languages – English, Spanish (an advantage but not essential)
- Lean 6 Sigma (an advantage but not essential)
- A sound educational background would be ideal, but we are considering experience first and foremost
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available to travel as and when required so a valid driving license is needed
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.