Environmental Health Officer
- Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- £21 per hour
A client of mine on the Isle of Wight is looking for two Environmental Health Officers to join their team for a period of 12 months, the role purpose is as follows:-
- Undertaking detailed inspections / investigations to determine whether hazards are effectively controlled, and legislation is complied with. Offering advice on good practice.
- Returning to premises, as appropriate, to establish whether remedial action has been taken to comply with necessary requirements.
- Investigating service requests and commenting on consultations from Development Control and Licensing.
- Taking appropriate enforcement action, including preparing comprehensive letters, reports, schedules and legal notices in accordance with relevant enforcement policies and procedures.
- Using your skill and initiative to identify matters warranting formal action.
- Where necessary, collecting, controlling and presenting evidence in a court of law, in support of proceedings taken.
They are looking for Environmental Health Practitioners with a sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, processes, systems, procedures and standards who can demonstrate experience of working in a regulatory service environment. Experience should include inspection, investigation and consultations, with previous enforcement experience, including gathering, preparing and presenting evidence in court.
Applicants will need to hold a degree in Environmental Health OR a combination of equivalent accredited qualifications for example:
* Registration with the Environmental Health Registration Board
* NEBOSH Diploma Part II in Occupational Health & Safety
* NVQ4/5 in Health & Safety Regulation
* Certificate/Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control
Please note this role falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email email@example.com or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.