Environmental Health Officer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
- £15 per hour
Environmental Health Officer
A client of ours in Northern Ireland is looking for an experienced Environment Health Officer specialising in Food Safety to work for them on a contract basis for an initial period of 2 months. The successful candidate will be responsible through a Senior Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to a Principal Environmental Health Officer for the improvement of the health and quality of life of people in Belfast through the efficient and effective delivery of specific work activities allocated.
To make an effective contribution to the development and achievement of the Environmental Health Service objectives and unit business plans and ensure that all duties and tasks assigned to the post holder are performed in accordance with specified time and quality targets.
To carry out specified enforcement, investigative, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of any area of work to which the post holder is assigned and actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered and provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the post holder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development to proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided and participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- At least two years’ relevant experience of working as an Environmental Health Officer.
- Chartered Environmental Health Officer: MIEH or a Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent.
- Full, current driving licence which enables driving in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business or access to public transport.
Special skills and attributes
A good standard of literacy and written communication skills with the ability to produce reports and communicate effectively, particularly with members of the public and with business owners in a way which reflects their needs.
Good understanding of environmental health issues.
The ability to manage and prioritise a workload, to undertake required tasks independently and work to the specific technical criteria and targets.
Please note this position falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me