Environmental Health Officer – Housing – 5085201
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £21 to £25 per hour
A client of ours in North West London is looking for 2 Environmental Health Officers to deal with Enforcement on a 3-4 month initial contract.
You will be responsible for carrying out inspections and tackling the most prolific offenders so experience in this field and a robust character will be required.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A degree or comparable qualification in surveying, environmental health construction, evidence of relevant training commensurate with this level of post, or experience in a relevant business setting.
- Evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Fully HHSRS trained, accredited and with significant work related experience following on from being certified.
- Knowledge of and qualification to apply Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) /Licensing Scheme provisions to address deficiencies within residential accommodation.
- Basic knowledge of current Building Regulations as it relates to fire safety, energy efficiency and provision of amenities within residential accommodation.
- Advanced knowledge of law relating to Public Health and Housing as it relates to health and safety, disrepair and adequate amenities.
- Advanced knowledge of applying HHSRS/Licensing Scheme provisions to address deficiencies within residential accommodation.
- Experience of inspecting dwelling houses with regard to health and safety, disrepair, or inadequate amenities.
- Experience of preparing witness statements, case chronologies or other documentation and liaising with internal/external partners to pursue satisfactory case outcomes
- Experience of delivering detailed and concise reports to management or committee etc.,
- Making recommendations as to the type of action taken/to be taken in particular cases.
- Track record of managing a diverse and varied caseload of properties to be regulated or improved, with wide ranging, tasks, duties and responsibilities to be carried through to a satisfactory outcome within optimal timescales.
- Track record of preparing statutory notices/schedules of work/specifications to allow for accommodation to be repaired or upgraded, meeting prescribed standards.
- Track record of carrying out HHSRS/Licence conditions assessments for private sector housing or other relevant setting.
- Track record of successful service delivery under a performance management system and demonstrating a high quality of customer service in the process.
- Track record of project managing housing standard improvements in a similarly large and complex organisation.
Please note this position falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.