Excess Death Management Operations Lead
- Essex, United Kingdom
- £475 to £500 per day
A client of mine in Chelmsford is looking to recruit an Excess Death Management Operations Lead on an initial 6-Month contract. The position as an Excess Death Management Operations Lead will act as the operations lead for Excess Death Management and key lead on the associated Winter Surge Planning. This role will work with multi agencies to address the ongoing challenges of mortuary capacity in Essex working the key partners to develop SLA’s and formulate insight to be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that the death management process in Essex is robust.
- Responsible for using insight and data to define, implement and review the winter service surge plans and supporting strategies to deploy resources effectively to meet seasonal demand, including shaping the development of service level agreements. It is also responsible for developing a process to enable EDM plans to be annually updated, using scenario testing with EDM participants to validate that plans are fit for purpose.
- Responsible for building relationships with partners involved in cremation and burial services to ensure facilities remain fit for purpose and that robust business continuity plans are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring an appropriate stand-by team is in place to support the EDM TCG team should the team move to stand-up by triggers being enacted or SCG instructions being received.
- Builds strong working relationships with a complex and diverse range of stakeholders and partners across the County eg NHS, Police and contracted funeral directors to deliver shared goals in relation to our response.
- Provide lessons learnt from the pandemic to the relevant Heads of service to support the ongoing work of the registrars and coroners service to deliver robust services that meet the needs of new ways that customers will being doing business with us
- Work closely with the Emergency planning team to ensure new legislation is embedded and that there is a two-way flow between ECC and central government on the death management process.
- Responsible for ensuring that all planning activities are delivered collaboratively including identification of risks so that informed decisions regarding the responses are made and risks are mitigated.
- These will consider industry best practice, regulatory and legal considerations and value for money.
- Responsible for driving the delivery of the EDM TCG’s agreed response plan and any subsequent plans required to vary the level of response using data and situational insight.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Educated to A level or equivalent by experience with evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Knowledge of the death management system an advantage. Knowledge of Emergency Planning legislation also an advantage.
- Experience of matrix management and/or project management an advantage
- Demonstrates resilience and adaptability during challenging circumstances and experienced in implementing change and demonstrates a curiosity about potential improvements.
- Experienced in successfully influencing change with external partners.
- Evidence of effective team management that empowers teams to deliver exemplary levels of service.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.