Green Spaces Development Officer
- Devon, United Kingdom
- £17 to £18 per hour
A client of mine in Exmouth is looking to recruit a Green Spaces Development Officer on an initial 4-Month contract. The position as a Greens Space Development Officer will design, develop and deliver visually attractive bedding, planting and landscaping schemes for public parks and gardens; program year round grounds maintenance works for cemeteries, sports pitches and green spaces all of which ensures the continuous enhancement and improvement of our green spaces, encourages their use by residents and visitors and supports the delivery of the client’s climate change action plan.
- Create an action plan for developing the client’s green spaces with a view to increasing biodiversity, nature and rewilding, and which focuses on a range of environmental issues including carbon reduction, climate change adaptation and sustainable maintenance.
- Draw up designs for and implement floral displays and provide, enhance and maintain hard and soft landscaping features, i.e. fencing, footpaths, structures and permanent plantings, parks seating and memorial seats.
- Prepare tender and contract documentation for procurement of planting and landscaping resources; assessing and letting tenders.
- Develop and deliver plans for the management of sports pitches including maintenance of playing surfaces & associated infrastructure and renovations.
- Review grounds maintenance management regimes, ensuring environmental sustainability; and actively pursue a programme of re-wilding to support the client’s carbon reduction aims.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of grounds/asset software to ensure all site information and inventories are kept up to date.
- Undertake site visits and inspections of parks, sports pitches, cemeteries and other green spaces, including during and following events, on owned land.
- Liaise proactively with StreetScene colleagues and stakeholders, providing advice on technical issues over matters associated with landscaping and horticulture whether in areas of new development and private schemes and the adoption of quality green spaces, parks and new play areas or existing greenspaces
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification/experience in Horticulture
- Current and emerging environmental sustainability practice in public green space management
- An understanding of issues relating to parks & green space development
- Tree and plant species identification
- Excellent ICT skills including Microsoft Office and use of asset databases, mobile devices and social media
- Production of operational site management plans and planting schemes
- Work in a similar role, managing and co-coordinating key horticultural / green space projects to deadline
- A valid UK Driving License
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.