Grounds Maintenance Operative
- Dorset, United Kingdom
- £15 per hour
A client of mine in Wimborne is looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Operative on an initial 6-Month contract. The position as a Grounds Maintenance Operative will maintain grounds of the client’s properties as to good horticultural practice, meeting the programme of works and with due regard to Health and Safety and customer satisfaction. You will be travelling around the Dorset area carrying out Grounds Maintenance along with any tasks instructed.
- Carry out the full range of horticultural and maintenance tasks required within the contract including, but not exclusively:
- Soil preparation, planning and maintenance
- Herbaceous borders, shrub and flower borders, and pond maintenance
- Hedge and grass cutting
- Pruning and tree planting
- Sweeping, clearing of litter, leaves and fly tipping
- Application of pesticides
- Assist in soft/hard landscape work
- Assist the Estates caretaking team when necessary, including but not exclusively:
- Cleaning of graffiti
- Removing household waste from empty properties
- Removing bulk rubbish items
- Ensure that equipment and vehicles used are thoroughly checked prior to use, any faults or defects are reported with immediate effect and that maintenance logs are accurately and promptly maintained.
- Routinely to clean vehicles inside and out, and ensure that basic maintenance tasks are regularly undertaken in accordance with local procedures and requirements
- Participate in planning, monitoring and reviewing team objectives.
- Maintain routine administration records as required
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- At least a year in amenity horticulture, or similar experience
- Plant and soil maintenance understanding
- Basic Health and Safety
- Use of horticultural equipment
- Methodical approach to work
- Current driving licence
- C1+E trailer towing capability
- Able to carry and operate some reasonably heavy handheld machinery and operate ride on mowers
- Flexible approach to working hours
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.