Head of Rail
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £70,000 per annum
Are you passionate about Rail and have a desire to lead your own team? Have you found yourself operating as a small cog in a large machine and lack recognition and progression? Are you looking for a more flexible role allowing remote/home working?
I’m searching for a Rail experienced Civil Structural Engineer operating at a Principal level to lead the Manchester team. The ideal candidate will also be Chartered and happy to function as business development manager for your team to strengthen the businesses future project portfolio.
You will be leading a team of engineers to successful delivery of work on the North West framework for Network Rail. The business is well-established and have been in operation for over 20 years. With multiple locations around the UK, the business are also prepared to open another new office in the South once the appointment of a Head of Rail for this region has been made.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experienced in design and detail of structure and superstructure solutions in a Rail environment
- CRE (Design) status
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Experience in Rail Civil & Structural engineering design
- Demonstrable management of all commercial aspects – cost and value
- PTS certificate
- CEng status (minimum IEng)
- Member of relevant Professional Body (ICE or IStructE etc)
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning
- Proficient in use of spoken and written English language
- UK citizen or indefinite leave to remain
- Lead in-house design team and responsible for all technical aspects of engineering projects
- Act in role of CRE and manage submission of quality design documents and collate the key components
- Keeping clients informed of costs or implications of change in a timely manor and address any issues that may arise
- Lead representative at meeting with internal and/or external clients and stakeholders
- Mentor and coach team members, and provide input into succession planning
- Lead compliance with CDM Regulations
- Liaise with Engineers and CAD Technicians in production of drawings
- Input into multidisciplinary tenders
- Undertake business development activities to maintain project pipeline
- Maintain understanding of commercial aspects of projects and ensure cost control measures
- Record and track documents electronically and monitor adherence to quality assurance
- Produce designers risk assessments using variety of forms
- Provide weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts, and key achievements
- Ensuring designs meet specification and expectation
- Be innovative and introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility
- Provide strong leadership and motivation of teams, carrying out scheduled P&D reviews for direct reports
- Build and lead your own team within a rapidly developing business.
- Shares offered after 12 months in the business.
- Flexible home working, 2 days in Manchester office.
- Open to incorporating other engineers and technicians known to yourself beneath you within the team.
- Benefits package.
If you think you could be interested or would like any further information, please apply. I’ll be in touch within 24 hours for a confidential chat.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.