Head of Safety
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £60,000 to £70,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a leading Housing Association is looking for a Head of Safety to provide leadership to their Safety Services function. You will be based ideally in Basingstoke but candidate from Dorset or Bristol will also be considered. This is a key role in ensuring that we deliver high quality health and safety capability across the organisation, both for residents and employees. As a Head of Safety you will strategically manage the delivery of their Safety Services, working to achieve and maintain organisational compliance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice and guidance through an agile and risk focussed service delivery model. Their aim is to deliver a sector leading safety and assurance function.
All industries will be considered but the Ideal candidate will come from a Utilities or Housing Background with property experience. In addition to this they will be Diploma qualified or equivalent with CMIOSH Status.
You will have 2 direct reports but be responsible for the wider Health & Safety Team which is made up of advisors and coordinators with various Health & Safety responsibilities. You will report into Director level.
- Being accountable for the Health and Safety Policy including the supporting safety framework, which provides the overarching health and safety management system
- Setting out our provision of incident management and business continuity framework
- Preparation and delivery of the annual Safety Services Action Plan
- Accountability for wide health and safety advice, guidance, audit and assurance activities
- Providing robust management information and assurance to the Board, Executive Board, Health & Safety Leadership Group, Audit & Risk Committee and other stakeholders on health and safety matter
Experience in managing, motivating and developing a remote team is important to this role, with a focus on delivering exceptional service to the business. You’ll champion safety across the organisation; enhancing and developing our strong safety culture, so relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills are important.
Qualifications & Skills
NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent
CMIOSH Status (Desired)
Access to own vehicle and Full Clean Driving Licence
Strategic Management experience in a senior safety position
To apply for this position please email me an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.