Health & Safety Advisor
- Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- £28,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the appointment of an Interim Health and Safety Advisor at healthcare client of ours. This position has the potential to go permanent as it is an interim role whilst they are looking for a permanent staff member.
As a team player, you’ll be able to prioritise your work in order to meet deadlines. Previous experience of working in a health and safety is essential. We are looking for someone that has experience of working within a small team of dedicated professionals, ideally with some community experience, and someone who can work on their own initiative and has strong interpersonal skills.
The Trust is looking for a passionate and qualified person to join our existing Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a quality focused organisation with a varied portfolio across a the Borough supporting the organisation to manage a diverse range of health and safety topics, helping to maintain the Trust’s standards and making a real difference. You will be assessing the current compliance of around 40-45 premises but auditing and reporting your findings.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Health and Safety Manager and will assist in the development and implementation of the Trust’s health and safety management system in order to take forward the Trust’s objectives and create a proactive and Trust-wide compliant safety culture.
You will be working with an experienced safety team who provide a high level of service within a patient focused, high performing organisation.
The successful candidate will possess:
* A NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum;
* IOSH membership;
* A good understanding of current health and safety legislation and its application;
* Experience of interpreting health and safety policies etc. and advising on health and safety matters in an Acute and Community NHS Healthcare, Public Sector setting;
* Experience of health and safety audits and inspections;
* Acute observational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an approachable personality;
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
* Assessing the current level of compliance of existing health and safety arrangements across the Trust’s regional portfolio, determining strengths and weaknesses that are present, and reporting back the findings to the Trust’s Health and Safety Manager.
* Conducting a range of health and safety audits and inspections of the organisation’s workplaces following a planned programme of visits. Producing written reports with an action plan so that required improvements can be monitored and made;
* Developing an ongoing compliance framework based on findings from visits;
* Developing excellent professional relationships with managers and operational staff, working with them, understanding their challenges, supporting and advising them to help identify solutions to ensure they have robust health and safety arrangements in place.
* Supporting the wider Health and Safety Team.
Please select apply to send me your CV or call Charlie on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.