Health & Safety Manager
- Kent, United Kingdom
- £40,000 per annum
A client of mine is looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager on a Temp to Perm basis. As the Health & Safety Manager you will act as one of the appointed people for Health and Safety, advising a NHS Trust Health and Safety arrangements and relevant legislation and standards.
You will be working closely with the other Health and Safety and security professionals in the team.
In addition to Health and Safety professionals who have worked in the Health sector we are also interested in Health & Safety professionals who have worked in sectors other than healthcare, joining a dynamic and innovative Health, Safety and Risk team who already come from a diverse background.
- Providing health and safety advice
- Coordinating regular health and safety inspections
- Working collaboratively with services to formally define their teams’ health and safety responsibilities and duties
- Supporting 2gether managers with investigating complex health and safety related adverse incidents.
- Taking the lead when external organisations are involved.
- Ensuring appropriate RIDDOR reporting (clinical and non-clinical).
- Analysing data and writing reports and presentations.
- Providing support to operational groups and committees on health and safety risks and issues.
- Developing and implementing health and safety training programmes.
- Facilitating health and safety training.
- Ensuring accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Managing health and safety in a complex environment
- Writing policies and procedures
- Working across a number a multi sited estate
- Creating and implementing plans and co-ordinating others
- Providing health and safety advice on complex issues
- Undertaking detailed health and safety investigations including liaison with enforcing bodies
- Staff management
- Providing health and safety advice on construction and refurbishment projects
- Expert knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Good understanding of the built environment – hard and soft facilities services
- Ability to analyse complex health and safety related problems and to propose appropriate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling effective partnership working
- Ability to create and facilitate in house training courses and lead delivery of external training
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage a number of concurrent work streams and conflicting priorities
- Ability to use all MS Office applications to an advanced standard
NEBOSH National Diploma (or studying towards)
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318