- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £30 to £57 per hour
Stride Resourcing are recruiting for a Local Authority in Surrey for a Highways Engineer on a 10 month contract basis.
Essential skills and experience:
- HNC in Highway / Traffic Engineering or equivalent.
- Incorporated Member of a recognised engineering institution or equivalent.
- New Roads & Street Works qualification (NRSWA) or accreditation.
- A sound educational background with a proven record of continued professional development.
- Experience in design, construction and maintenance of highway improvement Schemes / Projects
- Experience of general civil engineering works and specifications.
- Practical experience of highway construction methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in planning and supervision of highways and traffic engineering schemes.
- Experience in managing consultants/ contractors.
- Experience of works ordering, payments and budgetary control.
- Budgetary responsibility for specific projects and programmes or work areas.
- Experience of work programming, risk identification/management and performance monitoring.
- Good understanding of relevant highway and planning legislation, codes of practice and statutory instruments.
- Knowledge, including the practical application, of legislation relating to highway matters including the Highway Act 1980, New Roads & Street Works Act 1991.
- Knowledge of construction contracts and their administration.
- Knowledge of NEC Contracts.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety as it relates to working on the public highway.
- Good knowledge of new materials, developments and methods in highway maintenance.
- Good Knowledge of local government administration and finance.
- Evidence of continual professional and personal development and actively develops the skills and knowledge of others.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Chris Wright on 02392 314798, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.