Investigation & Information Assistant
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £14 per hour
Investigation and Information Assistant
A client of mine in West London is looking for an Investigation and Information Assistant to join their team for a period of 3 months, the team is responsible for the effective development and implementation of the policies and procedures relevant to how corporate complaints, councillor and member of parliament enquiries, freedom of information act requests, disclosure requests, subject access requests and ombudsman enquiries are handled.
Officers will ensure that appropriate systems are in place so that all enquiries are processed, resolved and responded to in a timely, fair and transparent manner, working independently but supporting the professionals providing the service.
To investigate and respond to enquiries, having regard to the different service requirements, assessing the validity and issuing all decisions – ensuring that these are managed appropriately in accordance with policy and relevant legislation.
To ensure that all responses meet the necessary and expected quality standards and are managed in accordance with the Constitution.
Investigation and Information Assistants will be expected to develop skills in all areas of the team’s responsibilities.
This post is an entry level position in to this area of expertise and training and development including offering support to gain relevant professional qualifications with be offered.
* Educated to degree level or hold a relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience.
* Extensive knowledge of Council Services
Knowledge & Experience
* Detailed knowledge of the statutory context of handling complaints in the various services of the council (e.g. Children’s Services, Adult Social Care, housing, revenues etc)
* Being able to analyse queries and establish the root causes as well as the various options available for service resolution.
* Making decisions at the appropriate times, considering the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
* The ability to convey a level of confidence and professionalism, understanding the various services of the council to a detailed degree.
* Detailed knowledge of the external political processes which impact local government
* Experience of working within a customer relationships or dispute resolution function
* Proven ability in communicating effectively with elected members, senior managers and operational staff.
* Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and to ensure that it is stored securely.
Please note this role falls inside IR35.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.