Legal Compliance Caseworker
- Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- £18,000 to £21,000 per annum
Legal Compliance Caseworker
£18,000 – £21,000
Are you a recent law graduate looking for your start in your career? Do you have good admin skills and can cope good technical understanding? Do you have an interest, or specialised in Leasehold Property? Then don’t look anywhere else!
My client, a national Property Management agency, are looking for a bright Legal Compliance Caseworker to join their vibrant team in Milton Keynes.
- To provide legal help and assistance in relation to Risk and Compliance management, both corporate and at managed sites, to include Professional Indemnity and Public Liability claims, complaints and compliance procedures.
- Providing advices to internal colleagues, including researching law and practice and under the supervision of the Leasehold Solicitor
- Reviewing all legal documentation relating to the set up of a site.
- Liaising with Property Managers and Accounts staff to determine and report on the correct management set up.
- Having day to day responsibility for any First Tier Tribunal claims against the company under the supervision of the Leasehold Solicitor.
- Ensuring all filing and response deadlines are met
- Reviewing and advising on liability for any claims received.
- Drafting statements of case and witness statements
- Researching and collating documentation for a robust defence of all matters.
- Assisting the Specialist Caseworker in investigating and reporting on County Court Public Liability and Professional Indemnity claims in accordance with the Department procedures
- Carrying out research, investigating claims and providing reports on liability
- Drafting letters and defences in respect of claims
- Undertaking training in respect of Professional Indemnity claims
- Keeping up to date with current case law in respect of property management, undertaking research and providing guidance notes to the business
- Assisting the Leasehold Solicitor as required for the proper running of the Professional Services Department.
You will need:
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- A good understanding of leasehold property law, be able to interpret lease clauses and provide advice in respect of the same
- A good knowledge of Word and Excel and experience in using a Case Management System
- Be able to work on their own initiative and drive their own workload forward under minimal supervision
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines
- Have completed the LPC course
- Have a good knowledge of property management for long leasehold properties including the connection between Leasehold property, Freehold property, and other types of property ownership
- Have proven experience in providing comprehensive reports and feedback on their own work within an office environment
To apply, click the “apply now” button.
For more information please contact James West on 02392 314 671, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.