Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Undisclosed per annum
Managing Quantity Surveyor
Are you an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor looking to lead pre-contract and post-contract surveying functions for a forward-thinking company?
- Assist the Commercial Manager to recruit additional commercial resource required to deliver the project.
- Effectively communicate with the Commercial Manager on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or margin on the project.
- To identify and manage risk associated with each contract through detailed assessment and maintaining risk registers.
- Placement of subcontract orders to step down contractual terms and manage risk, including placement of ITT’s and ensuring notices and payment are made on time.
- Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Collation, analysis and presentation of monthly CVR contract reports, including cash forecasting, risk and opportunity analysis, variation accounts and contractual status.
- Financial, contractual and legal control of contracts and sub-contract/consultant activities. Strong contractual and legal knowledge to ensure all necessary notices are served promptly and the company’s position is safeguarded.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- Timely and properly recorded Applications to Clients.
- Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document
- Final Accounts – assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Successfully manage contractual dispute resolution both up and down stream.
- Ability to lead from the front and motivate / influence others to exceptional performance.
- Deliver and improve on margin expectations.
- the successful candidate will need to visit the client, design team, and site as and when required.
- You will have responsibility for the commercial and financial administration of this project including the responsibility for the profit and loss of this project
Knowledge and skills:
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Budget handling skills.
- Excellent IT and maths skills.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good understanding of building contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent understanding a good experience of turnkey construction projects.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.