Mechanical Contracts Manager
- Devon, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Main duties include:
- Attend various meetings, training, seminars and conferences.
- Monthly reporting for operations & profit.
- Manage projects to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Carry out site visits, including staying out of town as required, for client meetings, surveys, and commissioning/site inspections, handovers.
- Assist in evaluation of department’s performance and recommend new strategies for performance improvements.
- Identify resources, assign workloads and responsibilities to team members and manage schedules to ensure timely deliveries of projects.
- Ensure that project teamwork in compliance with company policies & QA procedures.
- Provide guidance & support to project team members and monitor their performance, discipline and attendance.
- Liaison and involvement with the Design Team, Estimating team and sub-contractors.
- Management of project supply chain including sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Managing the expectations and requirements of the customer & dispute resolution.
- Cost planning of projects and preparation of tender submittals if required.
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects at a time.
- Procurement of materials, equipment and sub-contract works.
- Presentation of Contract Review Forecasts to Management.
- Engage in the development of the operational team to maximise ‘in house’ capabilities
- Manage Permit to Work process within areas of responsibility and ensure process followed
- Support and ensure compliance with operating practices and procedures at all time.
- Develop and mentor staff and operatives within areas of responsibility.
- Support invoicing function within team/ group of contractors and ensure WIP levels are maintained at budgeted level.
- Ensure/ enforce accuracy of data and financial inputting in order to maximise operating efficiencies
- Ensure extra works revenue systems are maximised on group of contractors and that extra works are costed in line with the contract specific requirements
- Ensure use of technical training registers and authorisation registers within areas of responsibility
- Ensure full compliance with industry bodies at all times within areas of responsibility (GAS SAFE, REFCOM, IEE etc)
- To understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
- Reliable, flexible and team player.
- Driven and motivated and able to prioritise.
- Good communicator.
- Forward thinking.
- Project Management skills
- Technical Qualification
- Health and Safety management trained including CDM experience.
- Microsoft experience user
- Knowledge of QMS procedures
- Commercial awareness
- Customer care/ relationship building skills
- Ability to manage and change successfully
- Commercially astute
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for the role, please press apply or call Ashley on 02392314698.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency