MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £36,000 per annum
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – PERM – SALARY NEGOTIABLE – LONDON
The overall responsibility of this role is to ensure that all equipment at our sewage treatment works is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods. You will inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
- Follow robust planned maintenance as well as getting involved in minor installation projects, electrical fault finding and emergency breakdown repairs to ensure our plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Provide technical advice, making reference to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
- Examples of equipment that you will be working on include; various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD’s, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- 17th Edition electrical City and Guilds certification with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3.
- Apprenticeship with significant experience of electrical systems working in a ‘true multi-skilled’ capacity.
- NVQ or City & Guilds level 3 in mechanical engineering would also be ideal.
- Experience in inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnosis, testing, installation, modifying or repairing mechanical and electrical plant equipment.
- Experience maintaining large pumps, actuated valves, electronic control systems such as VSD’s and 3 phase electrical switch gear is essential.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry would be beneficial for this role.
- The work will require physical fitness.
- You will need the ability to work in confined spaces and will require completion of appropriate training for this.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Peter on 02392 315075.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.