- West Midlands, United Kingdom
- £38,000 to £48,000 per annum
Mechanical Engineer (Water)
Permanent £38,000 – £48,000
May also consider Contract – £280.00 Per Day to £350 Per Day. (Dependent on level of experience)
STRIDE are currently working with a leading process and M&E organisation that currently require a Mechanical Engineer to design, select, specify and requisition the mechanical engineering scope of works for projects and proposals predominantly within the UK Water Sector.
The main duties of the role will be to arrive at a thorough understanding of the Client and Company standards, guides and specifications for engineering works, and to fully define by means of schedules, data sheets, calculations, specifications, and reports the mechanical engineering scope of works for projects and proposals. You should be able to direct the CAD teams in the production of drawings and other documentation and be responsible for checking their accuracy, completeness and standards.
Other duties will include you to;
- Prepare requisitions for purchase of equipment, materials and services.
- Check submissions / quotations for technical compliance.
- Make recommendations for acceptance to the purchasing team and check purchase orders and subcontracts for technical correctness.
- Respond to technical queries raised by vendors, review and approval of design drawings and documents.
- Maintain design information, drawings and documents, throughout the project stages including identifying and making revisions to requisitions.
- Attend site or other works to conduct surveys, make investigations and attend meetings as necessary.
- Comply with company procedures and work instructions, guide notes and other information that forms part of the quality assurance, health and safety and environmental management systems.
- Identify and properly document all variations to and deviations from the original scope of engineering works.
- Management of own and sub-ordinates time to agreed targets.
- Assist in the production, tracking and reporting of the project programme, and in site testing and commissioning work where required.
- To contribute to the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, or an equivalent mix of formal education and practical experience that can be demonstrated at interview.
Interested applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and should forward their latest CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.