- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £55,000 to £60,000 per annum
MEICA ESTIMATOR – PERM £55,000/£60,000 – CONTRACT £325/£360 – SOUTHAMPTON
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Mechanical and/or Electrical Estimator/Proposals Engineer, to be based at our Head Office in Southampton. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing accurate and competitive cost estimates, together with the preparation of the necessary technical and commercial submission documentation for a wide variety of M&E Engineering projects across the UK and overseas. Applicants should have a background in estimating M&E projects as well as ideally having a mechanical or electrical engineering background, with a working knowledge of the related electrical and ICA elements.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report to the Estimating and Bid Manager, programme and manage own workload within the MEICA estimating team
- Prepare multi-discipline proposals for the Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear sectors
- Comply fully with the documented company tendering procedures
- Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings
- Understand documentation required for formal submissions
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed project requirements and solutions, including programmes and value engineering solutions
- Liaison with the ‘in-house’ M&E design team and project delivery teams for each sector as necessary
- Prepare material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis spreadsheets
- Prepare preliminary tender programmes
- Organise and partake in bid initiation, technical and commercial review meetings and subsequent follow up meeting with technical and commercial directors.
- Present the cost estimate in full detail to management for review and final approval. Responsible, with senior management, for the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to the company as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the cost estimate.
- Attend site visits and client meetings
- Consider site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors and ‘in-house’ resources
- Compile and collate documentation, schedules and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal proposal submissions
- Ensure that commercial and technical submissions are fully compliant with the conditions of contract with all necessary details of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal clearly communicated.
- A history of tendering M&E Projects as either an Estimator or Project Engineer within the above-mentioned sectors
- Knowledge of contract conditions and the NEC suite of contracts
- IT literacy – Minimum MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and MS Project
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aaron on 02392 314675.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.