Multi Trade- Team Leader
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £26,500 to £28,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association is looking to recruit a Team Leader who will be responsible for the direct supervision for around 13 operatives, ensuring that they are fully supported, have the correct materials and equipment to complete response repairs safely at first visit, but also to have the ability to identify and complete other repairs if required. In addition, regularly assess the skills of each operative and provide coaching and training to up-skill where possible.
The portfolio of this role includes the following areas:
* Minor voids
* Minor works
* Work to home owners, leaseholders and market rent customers
The Team Leader will manage a team of operatives to deliver a range of response repair works and will work closely with the resource and planning team to maximise job delivery, productivity and control the job management process whilst closely adhering to set budgets. Strong customer liaison is required as is a focus on improving customer satisfaction. Decisions made at this level include:
* Operational capability of team
* What staffing or process changes are required to improve operational performance, and how to implement them
* Working with colleagues in other parts of the business to achieve operational outcomes
* Post inspection of internally delivered response works
The most impactful decisions this role makes will be operational delivery. Other main decision areas:
* Decisions that safeguard the health and safety of operational teams and customers
* Ensuring that the quality of response repair works is provided to all customers is of the highest possible standard within agreed business parameters.
* Ensuring services remain flexible and responsive to changing patterns of demand and expectation.
* Ensuring that the management of response repairs meet all required standards of performance, including audit, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
The role works closely with internal and external stakeholders. This will include building rapport, influencing and persuading. This will require a high degree of professional competence and the development of trust and good working relationships with stakeholders, including:
* Team Leaders
* This role is responsible for managing a team of 13 Operatives.
* The role also manages significant physical assets such as vehicles, small plant, equipment, IT hardware and software.
Experience and Qualifications
The following experience and qualifications are essential to this role:
* Relevant academic qualification and/or extensive relevant experience
* Proven track record of managing a large team.
* Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers. Understands and anticipates the needs of customers.
* Demonstrates co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Participates as a team player and establishes strong working relationships to deliver positive results.
* Adapts to changing priorities and work demands. Identifies opportunities to initiate change for the benefit of the business.
* Provides feedback to team members on their learning and the impact on their performance.