Network Permit Officer
- Dorset, United Kingdom
- £20 to £24 per hour
A client of mine in Bournemouth is looking to recruit a Network Permit Officer on an initial 12-month contract. The position as a Network Permit Officer will involve planning, coordinating, monitoring and inspecting the Street Works activity of public utility companies, the Council and other contractors, in order to ensure that all road works are carried out within the boundaries of a strict legal framework. To work as part of the Street Works Team, whose function it is to ensure that all Street Works related activities are planned, inspected, processed and carried out in accordance with regulations.
- Set realistic licensing conditions for street works activity that seek to minimise disruption to the travelling public (including all classes of road user).
- Identify departures from the agree conditions, challenge practices and raise appropriate penalties and/or additional permitting or other charges.
- Analyse and interpret complex information in order to prepare reports, plans and a range of written material in order to deliver priorities and ensure activities within the service are conducted professionally.
- Share open and honest feedback in a constructive manner.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of customers and create effective working relationships.
- Maintain key working relationships with internal customers, team colleagues and external partners/ organisations.
- Co-ordinate processes and systems in relation to work flow management present information and recommendations in a focussed and engaging way.
- Responsible for regularly handling, processing and storing confidential information relating to the service.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Must have experience in Street Works & Permitting
- Demonstrate evidence of delivering an effective, efficient professional service to a range of customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working a highway, transport or planning discipline.
- Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or press apply.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.