- Kent, United Kingdom
- £90,000 to £95,000 per annum
Operations Manager – Utilities
£90,000 – £95,000 + Car or Car Allowance (£6,500)
24 Holiday + 8 BH (rising to 28 days with length of service)
Kent or London
My client has a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to come and join their growing team and lead their multi-utilities team based in the UK, the focus of their work is in London and the South East. You will play an instrument role from the early stages of pre-construction through to operational delivery. You will have the autonomy to lead the delivery teams to ensure we deliver a safe, cost effective and customer centric service.
You will be responsible for overseeing operations and the delivery of utility projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that teams deliver work on time and within budget, be the leader of the team spearheading tenders, business development, day to day operations, project delivery and business growth.
Great people skills are essential for this role, whether that is working with other employees or dealing with clients and sub-contractors, you will set the standard for what great looks like.
Some of your duties will include:
- Improving/developing division processes, deal with any issues that arise throughout operations and manage the day to day delivery of projects. This includes Lloyds compliance adherence.
- Meeting with clients, managing the bid and delivery/operations phases.
- Developing and presenting proposals for projects.
- Mentoring and developing the team, focusing in resourcing, recruitment and professional development.
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients, site and project managers.
- Develop a culture of safety on projects through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos.
- Responsible for the profit and revenue target achievement for the division including ensuring project managers and delivery teams are achieving margins, have project controls in place and are following contract requirements and programmes.
Some skills or experience you will need to succeed in this role
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in engineering or management.
- Demonstrated experience leading utility teams, responsibility for profit and loss and revenue targets.
- Detailed knowledge of utility and construction sectors including gas, electric, water and Lloyds accreditation requirements.
- Solid project management and contract knowledge including programmes, cost plans, risk registers and commercial knowledge of NEC / JCT contracts.
- Experienced in client negotiations and liaison including presentations and tendering support.
- Excellent motivator and team builder.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills with confident, resilient approach.
- Ability to take on large scale challenges and action plans with long term focus and dedication.
What you will get in return
- Private medical.
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 with length of service. Option to buy additional days. 1 days paid charity leave per annum.
- Monthly socials.
- Hybrid working.
Please can all interested candidates either, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, DM me or call my direct number 02392 322389.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.