Painter & Decorator
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £22,500 to £24,500 per annum
A client of mine who is a Housing Association and Property Maintenance Care Company, currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Painter and Decorator to join our Planned & Empty Homes Team in the East Region, based in either the Newbury or Basingstoke area.
As a Painter/Decorator you will carry out all forms of repairs in our properties and elsewhere in accordance with work schedules.
Tasks to include:
* Measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering is required.
* Stripping off old wallpaper or paint.
* Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level.
* Preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat.
* Mixing paint to the right shade, either by hand or using computerised colour-matching equipment.
* Applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper.
* Tidying up after finishing a job.
You should have experience within a similar role, ideally from within a Residential/Housing sector and must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 2 (or equivalent).
This is a full-time role, working 40 Hours per week. A van, tool allowance, iPad, uniform and PPE will also be provided along with great benefits including 25 days paid holiday and a £450 flexible benefit pot.
Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and have the ability to drive a company van.
To apply for this position please email an updated version for your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.