Permit Control Officer
- Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Permit Control Officer – Abingdon – circa £30,000 to £35,000K – Permanent
A client of mine in Oxfordshire who is a leader in research and product development is looking for a Permit Control Officer to join their team on a permanent basis, this is a full time role working Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
To ensure service delivery solutions for maintenance and new works employed (predominantly hard FM) remain compliant with legislation, the clients particular requirements and industry best practice and support with any Health & Safety requirements to meet PPM, reactive maintenance and Project works.
To ensure compliance with the governance process ensuring Gate Sign off documents are in place and signed when required.
* Carry out Accident/Incidents investigations and lessons learnt are realised and achievable.
* Support with toolbox talks.
* Assist in the support of all sites, as SME advisor on all H&S, Fire Safety and Environmental matters and technologies within the building environment.
* Investigation and development of projects, liaising closely with Customer and Contract Team where required.
* Be able to support with any site audits.
* Be responsible to support the PCO/Safety teams on site ensuring they meet their statutory obligations, whilst the daily activities are under the Hard FM managers of the respective sites.
* Forge professional working relationships with the client H&S team for the built environment.
* Be the driving force behind productive H&S/Assurance meetings and project progress.
* Be prepared to attend regular events to keep up to date on all aspects of evolving and changing H&S, CDM, Fire Safety and Environmental issues.
* Comply with all relevant Health and Safety procedures, ensuring the requirements of Health and Safety at Work act and Environmental legislation are met at all times and records maintained.
* Prepare a Planned General Inspection spreadsheet of construction sites, ensuring each inspection is recorded and documented with Non Conformances/Recommendations.
* Advise on any Continuous Improvement Plan opportunities for the contract.
* Works to be developed to meet all relevant British Standards and specific site rules and procedures
* Support with H&S training delivered on site to ensure the needs of the learners are being met by quality and in date/relevant training modules such as SPA
* Conduct random Safety tours to ensure compliance with embedded yellow and blue book process.
* Offer Professional advice and guidance to project managers/engineers and consultants on H&S as part of the contract PCO team.
* Be prepared to support the New Works Manager as required with any additional requirements required to meet statutory requirements on the contract.
* Be prepared to support at other contract sites as required by the New Works Manager.
* Take prompt action to correct any shortfalls which may be reported by either the client or from company quality audits
* Encourage a continuous improvement culture so that the contract does not stagnate.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.