- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £27 to £30 per hour
Stride Resourcing are recruiting for a Planning Assistant on a contract basis for a Local Authority.
To assist in the delivery of a cost effective, responsive, high quality customer orientated service in line with development management principles.
- To provide general technical support to the Plans Process, Planning Development Team and the Compliance and Enforcement Team.
- To ensure the efficient and consistent response to specific planning enquiries and to provide general information on planning matters to applicants, members of the public and others in accordance with planning legislation and good customer care principles.
- To ensure the efficient and consistent handling of a caseload of planning applications and enforcement cases through the statutory process including writing delegated and committee reports, appeals procedures and post decision work.
- To consider and recommend decisions on development proposals and facilitate sustainable development in a proactive, collaborative and proportionate approach with all customers to include applicants, agents, consultees, neighbours and other interested parties.
- To deal with day to day correspondence and enquiries from members of the public and their professional advisers on planning development and compliance matters and to provide professional advice in a clear and friendly manner which meets the needs of the recipient.
- To provide assistance to the Planning Development Officers in processing major and sensitive applications, enforcement cases and appeals. In particular, to deal with amended plans, discharge of conditions, specialised consultation, research of site histories and post decision work.
- To consider alternative design solutions to development proposals when the submitted application fails to meet adopted planning policies or standards and negotiation minor amendments with applicants and their agents where appropriate.
- To prepare statements of case for appeals dealt with under the written representation procedure.
- To manage a caseload of minor planning applications, inspect the sites and make recommendations to the Planning Development Manager and the Development Control Committee where appropriate.
- To check planning conditions to ensure that they are properly complied with and for this purpose carry out necessary site inspections and follow up work in liaison with the Compliance Officers.
- To assist the Compliance and Enforcement Team in dealing with breaches of planning control, including carrying a caseload of minor compliance cases.
- To assist the Development Control Committee with display of plans and with the Council’s public participation in planning applications scheme.
- To assist as a member of an inter-divisional or inter-departmental project team involved in development and implementing the Council’s Corporate Strategies and Priorities as appropriate.
- To ensure that service delivery complies with current regulations, accepted professional standards, the council’s policies and procedures and appropriate legislation (including legislation on equalities, health and safety and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults)’.
- Be aware of health and safety at work and report any work related activity that gives rise to personnel, staff or public safety.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Chris Wright on 02392 314798, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.