Planning Enforcement Officer
- Cheshire West and Chester, United Kingdom
- £17 to £22 per hour
Stride Resourcing are recruiting a contract opportunity for a Planning Enforcement Officer with the Council in Chester.
Your main responsibility will be to manage planning enforcement cases and appeals, but from time to time you may also be asked to assist their planning applications teams. You will demonstrate the ability to work as part of their friendly and committed team of planners and support staff, have experience of working in the field of planning enforcement, be an excellent communicator and show a clear commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- To receive, log and investigate complaints where it is alleged that there has been a breach of planning control, including visiting the site, interviewing the appropriate parties.
- To monitor developments to ensure compliance with conditions imposed on planning permissions and planning obligations, including liaison with other Council services and interested authorities.
- To maintain a register (as required by Section 188 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990) of enforcement notices and stop notices.
- To be responsible for preparing and serving notices under Section 330 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (Requisition for Information).
- On the instruction of the Head of Development Management and with the approval of the Head of Legal Services, to prepare and serve:
- Enforcement notices, breach of condition notices, planning contravention notices, listed building enforcement notices, temporary stop notices and full stop notices;
- Waste land notices under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990;
- Notices requiring the discontinuance of the display of advertisements;
- Planning Contravention Notices and Breach of Condition Notices.
- To monitor the compliance dates of enforcement notices issued and gather the necessary evidence for prosecution and to attend and give evidence at the Magistrate’s Court.
- To act on behalf of the Council at planning appeals, including preparing appeal statements and representing the Council at hearings and public inquiries.
- To provide practical and technical support to customers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- To consider and determine planning applications in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures when required.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Chris Wright on 02392 314798, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.