Principal Highways Drainage Engineer – Cardiff
- Cardiff, United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £52,000 per annum
PRINCIPAL HIGHWAYS DRAINAGE ENGINEER – CARDIFF – Up to £52k
An excellent opportunity now exits for a Principal Highways Drainage Engineer to join my client’s team in Cardiff.
Situated in the Cardiff office you will be part of the design team working in partnership with a number of local authorities in the surrounding area providing engineering consultancy services to a broad range of highways infrastructure projects.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Principal Engineer (Drainage) with a strong infrastructure background who can demonstrate experience in designing drainage and highways in Cardiff / South Wales.
We are looking for an individual with experience in sustainable drainage systems and land drainage.
The Principal Engineer leads the planning, design, construction and maintenance of physical infrastructures, especially large and complex infrastructures, such as roads, bridges, channels and dams. Oversees the evaluation and inspection of civil engineering projects to ensure that standards and requirements are met. Reviews and approves technical documentation, such as drawings and specifications, for civil engineering projects. Supervises adherence to building codes and safety regulations relevant to civil engineering.
You day to day tasks will include:
- Develop drainage solutions for highway, infrastructure and site development schemes for feasibility, planning, tender, and detailed design stages of the project.
- Design of sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) with good knowledge of relevant current standards and guidelines and contemporary environmental solutions to manage land drainage.
To be considered for the role you will need:
- Expected to have 10 years+ relevant post degree graduate experience or extensive and proven experience post HNC/HND. Incorporated Engineer professional qualification (IEng) or someone very close to IEng.
- Thorough understanding of drainage design principles including foul, surface water, land drainage and SuDS. Knowledge and understanding of the SAB process.
- Clear evidence of successful management of projects/programmes and teams to meet both quality and commercial targets
- Clear evidence of strong client communication skills
- Be adept with one of MicroDrainage, Civil 3D or PDS, and be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of Section 38/278 highway schemes and Section 104/106 drainage schemes.
What our client can offer you in return
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.