- Somerset, United Kingdom
- £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Construction Project Manager
Central Dorset, South Somerset
£55,000 to £60,000
I am currently looking to speak with experienced project managers to join a thriving regional main contractor. With multiple varied projects due to start in the coming months, you will be given an opportunity to work on a range of schemes including; schools, residential sites and industrial warehouses. Due to the diverse nature of this company, it would be great if you have that varied background in terms of projects completed, capable of adapting to any scheme up to around £10m in value. Location wise, it would be ideal if you lived within a comfortable commute of Yeovil and the Dorchester area.
Established over forty years ago, they are a well regarded regional main contractor, reporting to a visiting contracts / operations manager, you would have responsibility from inception through to handover, managing the site team, liaising with design & technical and working closely with the client.
- Line management of site managers / operational teams and sub-contractors
- Pre-contract planning
- Liaise with procurement teams to ensure materials and labour resources are available
- Planning of works and site activities
- Establishing and implementation of safe and proper working conditions
- Provide technical support and guidance
- Understand the scope of the contract and deliver within agreed timeframes
- Setting targets and monitor progress
- Hold weekly progress meetings and provide monthly reports to senior management
- Commercial and performance monitoring to ensure deliverables / profits are met
- Experienced project manager with a track record of delivering residential & commercial schemes valued up to £10m
- Consistent and checkable work history, this company thrives on the dedication of its employees
- Construction related qualification (BSc, HND, NVQ6 / 7) and ideally CIOB Membership
- Well rounded knowledge of building, materials, building regulations and H&S
- Programming in ASTA / Microsoft Project and confident IT skills
- Confident, adaptable and dedicated
If you are looking to work on a more diverse range of projects than your current position or crave the stability of working for a well-established firm, please contact me for an initial discussion. This company have grown their employee count by 37% since last year so opportunity is certainly there for you!
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.