Public Health Consultant
- Essex, United Kingdom
- £650 per day
Public Health Consultant
A client of mine in Essex is looking for a Public Health Consultant to join their team for a period of 6 months to help embed public health within local communities, contributing to the improvement of the public’s health and wellbeing through mainstream activities, whilst leading and managing the response successfully in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances.
You will build strong collaborative relationships, whilst designing, developing, interpreting and delivering ambitious strategies and objectives which improve health, and reduce inequalities across the County.
This role provides professional advice and knowledge in respect of public health, so you should have experience of using complex information to explain public health issues to a wide audience. You will be a strategic thinker with analytical skills to utilize both qualitative (including health economics) and quantitative information.
You will have the ability to influence senior members including directors and CEO’s, whilst motivating and leading partner initiatives, lead teams and contribute effectively in meetings. The role will need to develop clinical quality assurance; quality improvement and evidence based clinical practice.
* Accountable for developing and delivering inter-agency long and short term strategic plans, projects and programmes which deliver key public health targets and support and drive the wider organizational strategy for improving the health of people in Essex.
* Accountable for the delivery strategy for services, ensuring that performance is clearly defined in terms of benchmarked outcomes and short, medium and long term business, budgetary, performance and quality targets.
* This role provides professional advice and knowledge in respect of public health, which supports and informs ethical frameworks to develop high quality equitable services across primary, secondary and social care sectors.
* Accountable for developing and delivering inter-agency long and short term strategic plans, projects and programmes which deliver key public health targets and support and drive the wider organisational strategy for improving the health of people in Essex.
* Responsible for influencing external agencies in their public health policy decisions by working with complex professional, managerial and population groups and other organisations in the statutory, non-statutory and private sectors.
* Responsible for safeguarding the health of the population in relation to communicable disease, infection control and environmental health, including delivery of immunisation targets and the implementation of NICE or equivalent national standards/guidance.
* Responsible for identifying, developing and delivering informed areas for action within the local communities based on available evidence of health needs, inequalities and impact assessments.
* Build strong relationships with health, social care and voluntary organisations to deliver joint working and ensure delivery of the wider government targets, providing positive outcomes for residents and communities
* Development of public health through education and training, forging links with academic centres, commissioning research and contributing to professional teaching.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists. If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice
* Meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
* MFPH by examination, by exemption or by assessment
* Masters in Public Health, desirable
* In depth understanding of the health and care system and the relationships with both local and national government
* In depth knowledge of methods of developing clinical quality assurance, quality improvement evaluations and evidence based public health practice
* Strong and demonstrable understanding of interfaces between health, social care and key partners (dealing with wider determinants of health)
* Commitment to work within a political system irrespective of personal political affiliations
* Experience of delivering successful change management programmes across organizational boundaries
* Media experience demonstrating delivery of effective health behaviour or health promotion messages, desirable
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392314795
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.