- West Lothian, United Kingdom
- £14 to £18 per hour
Livingston, West Lothian
12 month FTC up to £35,000
Are you a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new opportunity? My client requires an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a FTC in Livingston, West Lothian.
- Responsible for the provision of a complete pre and post contract quantity surveying services from the initial budget cost, cost planning through to contract documentation and final accounts.
- Prepare, issue and evaluate tenders for external consultants
- Undertake project development budget costing for Client (pre-estimate works).
- Ensure that all procurement of projects that they work on are undertaken in accordance with Standing Orders.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities in SMM7 sections from either Architects / Engineers drawings or from own site surveys.
- To check works orders, bills of quantity and schedule of rates for accuracy and content involving as necessary site inspections and referral of items to Client/Consultant for clarification.
- Identification of areas of additional work not covered by the works orders/bill of quantities/schedule of rates.
- Produce monthly financial statements for cost control purposes (spend to date and final account projections) for a number of projects.
- Measurement and valuation, i.e. identification and resolution of claims and variations, payment of sub-contractors and settlement of Final Accounts.
- Ensure all relevant health and safety documentation such as risk assessments and the safe system of work for the tasks being undertaken are upheld
- Assist with any other tasks that may arise to ensure the smooth delivery of services to our customers
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction (RICS, CIOB). Alternatively must have substantial Quantity Surveying experience in either a professional and contractual environment.
- Excellent financial management and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to work without supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
- Have the ability to work at heights, i.e. up scaffolding.
- Must possess excellent Customer Care Skills
- A good level of health and safety awareness and be able to demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety Regulations
- Must have a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply today if interested, closing on this role is 1 week.
For more information please get in contact with James West on 02392314671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
stride is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.