- Greater London, United Kingdom
- £40,000 to £48,000 per annum
£40,000 – £48,000
20 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Surfacing / Civil Engineering
- £40,000 – £48,000
- 20 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Car Allowance £400 a month
- Millage to Site 45p per mile
- Workplace pension
My Client is a successfully family owned and managed Sub-Contractor, with their head office based in South London. Undertaking works in surfacing, civil engineering and highway maintenance for a number of local authorities and Transport for London.
- Experience working on Surfacing, 278, Footway and Public Realm Schemes.
- Estimating experience is advantageous.
- 5 years experience working with NEC / civil engineering contracts.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination.
- Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures.
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Asset Capitalization.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Cost management process.
- Assessing the additional cost of design variations and providing substantiation.
- Production of company pre-qualifications questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
- Support and guidance on commercial issues.
- This role will require site visitation in addition to the normal office-based work.
- Manage multiple clients and contracts.
- Good organisational skills will be required with the ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Qualified Quantity Surveying.
- Experience within a similar role. Ideally someone that has experience working within a sub-contractor environment rather than Contractor.
- Commercially astute – working knowledge of standard forms of contract and standard methods of measurement.
- NEC3 experience.
- JCT Experience.
- Good knowledge of early warnings and CE procedures within NEC3.
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages.
- Literate and Numerate.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to priorities.
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.