- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- £27,000 per annum
A client of mine who is a Large Housing Association, is looking to recruit a Roofer on a full time permanent basis. Day to day tasks of the position will include the following;
- Assist in erecting mobile tower scaffold, access ladders or podiums.
- Act as lead person to assist with roof and gutter repairs, and any other working at height or lifting tasks. Other trade areas such as Fencing and enabling work.
- Assist trade operatives on an ad hoc basis to accompany essential 2 person visits, or to help with lifting awkward or heavy loads.
- The safe use of all tools, plant, materials and PPE. Demonstrating due regard for working at height, own safety & the safety of others in accordance with The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 including Asbestos Awareness.
- Carry out small roofing repairs on properties.
- Keep daily appointments as arranged to ensure works are carried out within target dates and report areas of concern to the Surveyors.
- Respond to changing circumstances where necessary and re-evaluate workloads in order to address emergency situations.
- Communicate with customers, keeping them informed of daily activities
- Control use of materials and record usage.
- To complete all necessary paperwork, works orders, requisitions, time and pay sheets to meet all deadlines and requests.
- Follow and adhere to all Property policies and procedures
- Promote deliver and maintain a customer focus in line with the Group Customer Charter.
- Promote and maintain an active approach to health and safety, in respect of yourself, colleagues and customers.
- Ensure that the Group Equality & Diversity Policy is fully implemented at all times
- Comply with the requirements of the Group Data Protection, Privacy & Confidentiality Policy, the IT Security & Usage Policy and supporting Data Protection Framework insofar as they relate to the duties of the post.
Candidates will be qualified in a relevant trade, NVQ or equivalent with experience working in a response/reactive role.
They’ll have knowledge and understanding of current H&S regulations, implementing these and adhering to relevant H&S regulations and policies.
We will provide a company vehicle to get around so a full, UK driving licence is essential. Candidates will have a flexible approach to work with the ability to take part in an out of hours rota.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 02392322318
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.