Beckton – East London
7:00am – 19:00pm, Saturday & Sunday Only
Surfacing / Highways Maintenance
Highways Main Contractor
||To assess, schedule and permit defects received in liaison with supervisors, as appropriate for all priorities of works. To ensure defects are attended/repaired within required contractual timescales.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
Management of Enquiries
- Receiving and logging defects from the Police, inspectors and Client call centre by phone and email
- Assess all enquiries against the defect guidance and relevant intervention levels to determine appropriate response timescale
- Reassign wrongly routed enquiries to the appropriate enquiry subject
- Close down enquiries that do not need to be actioned with the appropriate resolution code, for example duplicated enquiries, intervention levels not met, private property etc.
- Proactively support the management of enquiries with other, priorities and in workstreams.
- To continually liaise with operational supervisors to discuss workload and resource available
- Locate the most appropriate gang based on proximity, skill set and availability and alert them of the job by telephone
- Ensuring all relevant information is provided to the gang, including due time, job/enquiry number and full location and description
- Ensure appropriate SoR items are assigned
- Commit defects and orders.
- Raise Section 81 requests as required and distribute results to all relevant parties.
- Scheduled works to ensure they are complete ahead of their due date.
- Ensure appropriate permits are applied for where necessary in accordance with the relevant Permit Scheme
- To ensure appropriate traffic management is resourced and available to carry out the works
- Ensure job/permit stops and starts are exported within time and correct any errors as necessary.
Monitoring of Works
- To liaise with crew during works/responses and provide any additional support as necessary, ie provision of specialist supply chain partners, addition equipment, TM etc.
- To continually monitor “live” jobs to ensure their completion within timescales using CPA and Power BI Dashboards
- To carry out a daily review of incomplete jobs using CPA and action as appropriate
- To review performance reports and action as required
- Carry out daily review of follow on works and action as appropriate
- Collate information from supervisors to update and distribute the ESB rota on a weekly basis
- During the winter period, relay winter maintenance instructions to the winter services supervisors immediately upon receipt
- To actively foster a positive staff morale
- To willingly carry out any reasonable task as requested by a member of management
- To manage all works with Health and Safety as a priority consideration and within the guidelines of the Traffic Management Act (TMA) Street Works Requirements
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist the Customer Services team and Customer Service Centre to resolve queries through the provision of information on request
- Engage with the Supervisors to ensure a joined up approach to management of the network and effective use of traffic management and enable them to apply for TTROs within prescribed timescales
- Monitor Hub inbox correspondence to ensure timely action
- Ensure all utility faults are raised and actioned appropriately
- Record and report ICT issues to the relevant team.
|MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Effective monitoring and management of jobs leading to improvements in contractual KPIs, internal PIs
- Effective allocation of jobs
- Dashboards clear and up to date
- Outstanding suspended, incomplete and follow on jobs kept to minimum levels
- Hands on and active support for colleagues especially their direct team
- Professional appearance and manner
- Considerate of the needs of colleagues
- Courteous and prompt telephone manner
- Keeping all promises within deadlines agreed
- Consistently working at a level consistent with, or higher than, agreed divisional service levels
- Meeting deadlines and developing improvements as a matter of course
- At all times to adhere to company procedures with regard to Health & Safety and where applicable to ensure all team members do like wise
- At all times to behave in a way that supports the company’s stated Vision and Values and where applicable to ensure all team members do likewise.
- Leave and sickness must be applied for/reported to the Hub Manager in accordance with the relevant procedures, and leave logged in Hub team calendar to ensure coordination
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.